Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, DO, AOBNMM, ABIHM.
Signatory to International Medical Council on Vaccination.
Have you ever heard the expression, “Some things you pick…and some things pick you”? I got drawn into the ever-changing, emotionally charged vaccine debate after attending the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) meeting in September 2000. I was troubled by what I had heard and decided to search for answers by going straight to the leading vaccine “authority” in the country: the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Imagine my surprise—and dismay—when I discovered that most of what I had accepted as The Truth about vaccines really wasn’t the truth at all.
Here are a few examples:
- Vaccines are not responsible for the eradication of diseases, such as polio and smallpox.
- Vaccines have not been “proven” to be safe.
- When a vaccine is called “effective”, it is not the same thing as being “protective.”
- There are no true double-blind, placebo-controlled studies used in vaccine research. The new, investigational vaccine is compared against a vaccine with a “known side effect profile.” Therefore, “control group” is given a “placebo” that is another vaccine, not saline, sterile water, or no vaccine at all.
- Vaccines are not “relatively harmless”…..tens of thousands have been injured and have died, as a result of vaccination.
The list goes on and on. From that first NVIC meeting through the end of 2005, I have invested more than 7000 hours of time into my research, and that continues with a commitment of at least 2-3 hours per day, reading and researching vaccine-related information. That level of commitment is required to keep abreast of the “vaccine issue” because it is a big topic, some of which includes the current pediatric vaccination schedule:
- As of 2004, there are eight vaccines included in the routine childhood, and up to 20 more are anticipated to be developed for adolescents by 2010. As of 2006, if children receive all recommended childhood vaccines, they are injected with more than 100 vaccines by the time they start school.
- Adult vaccines: Some of the vaccines on the pediatric schedule are also given to adults. In addition, there are at least 9 separate adult/travel vaccines.
- New vaccines under development: There are reported to be more than 200 vaccines “in the pipeline.” In addition, new adjuvants, new additives, new culture media (including the use of human stem cells) and new delivery technologies are under continual development. In addition, there are entire cadres of bioterrorism vaccines being considered.
- Vaccine politics: Exemption laws, national mandates (example—smallpox mass vaccination attempts) and issues in the media are constantly in motion and need to be updated.
- Medical issues: The skyrocketing autism epidemic, thimerosal/mercury toxicity issues, and the rampant childhood epidemics—asthma, allergies, eczema, ADD/ADHD and cancer—are all being scrutinized as part of the “vaccine-injury spectrum.” Substantiating these connections with articles from the conventional medical literature is part of my ongoing research. To be involved with the vaccine issue requires not only intense commitment and dedication, but passion. I have all of these….so, as you can see, this is an issue that “picked me.”
I am frequently asked “my position” on vaccines. That position has evolved over time, but in a nutshell:
- I oppose the “one-size-fits-all” public health policy imposed by state rules and implemented by physicians regarding childhood vaccination.
- I oppose a system that forces parents to inject their children, against their better judgment, in exchange for an education that they have paid for with their tax dollars.
- I oppose a system that forces parents to make decisions based on fear. Any physician who forces a parent to vaccinate through threats—threatening to turn them into Children’s services for “medical neglect” or threatening to dismiss them from their medical practice—is not the physician you want caring for your family’s health. I am opposed to those behaviors.
- I support the freedom to refuse any medical procedure, including the right to refuse a vaccination, and I am willing to fight to defend that choice. Once people understand the real risk of the viral “vaccine-preventable” infections vs. the risks of vaccines designed to prevent the infections, I believe people should be allowed to make a choice regarding which risk they are willing to accept.
- I am in favor of true, complete informed consent, which means a person hears the full spectrum of pros and cons regarding a medical option and then is given the choice to refuse this therapy. Our current public health policy does not allow that option.
- I am pro-information. Most of the information given to the general public is incomplete and even deceptive. Information stimulates discussion. Vaccination needs to be questioned and debated. That cannot occur without substantiating information to support a contrarian position on vaccination.
I sincerely believe that vaccines cause more harm to the health of the individual than the “protection” and “benefit” they are proclaimed to provide. I am passionate about sharing the information I have unearthed because…
- I have seen first-hand the havoc wreaked by vaccines on the immune systems of the many children treated over the years at our clinic, OsteoMed II.
- I have seen the desperation in the eyes of parents—desperate to get their “baby back” to the way s/he was before a vaccine.
- I have cried with broken hearted parents who wished beyond all reason that they had taken the time to investigate the potential risk of vaccines before they were forced to make that “on-the-spot decision” of whether or not to vaccinate, knowing that with additional information, they would have chosen differently.
What started as an inquisitive investigation has evolved into NMA Media-Press, an education company dedicated to bringing the debate surrounding vaccination—and other health controversies—to the forefront for examination and discussion. The Company does this through production and sales of educational materials: videos, DVDs, audio CD’s, written articles and manuals, and soon, books. We are committed to keeping the information both well documented and as timely as possible, a daunting task considering the large volume of information published by the Vaccine Industry: the CDC, the pharmaceutical industry, the medical community and the media.
Deciding whether or not to vaccinate your child is one of the most important decisions you will make in your child’s life. It is my sincere hope that the information provided in this manual and on this website will help you to be more confident with the decisions you make.